Does being a male is disadvantage in sales and marketing jobs

1. infocera profile image57
    infoceraposted 6 years ago

Does being a male is disadvantage in sales and marketing jobs

Would like to know th view from people with diverse background if being a male is not so fit in sales and marketing job initial stage of approaching customer.

2. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Ideally speaking, gender should not matter in sales and marketing jobs. Definitely being a male is not a disadvantage at all.

(To be frank I am quite perplexed by your Question - is this really what do you mean or I have to read between the lines ?? )

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I think it's not a disadvantage at all -- in fact, as far as I've been exposed to the world of sales and marketing, it is still very much a man's game. Men still form the vast majority, and the most successful marketers are still men. That said, I have met with many challenges in my own marketing career, but I honestly don't know if it's because I'm female or because I'm young. I started on my current path when I was 19, I'm 25 now...and people still ask me why I'm not in school before 3:00 on weekdays. On average, they still guess I'm about 10 years younger than I am, and up until recently I have had a very hard time getting anyone to take me seriously -- now my reputation speaks for itself, but it has been a hard-won battle.

working