jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever followed something through even though everyone said it wouldn't w

1. cyoung35 profile image86
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

Have you ever followed something through even though everyone said it wouldn't work?

many successful people have not listened to their peers and have followed an idea or project to the end. Have you? What was it and did it work out?

2. drspaniel profile image90
    drspanielposted 6 years ago

Yes. In fact Hubpages is a fine example of this, as I asked around about this Website, and plenty of times people told me that it would be a complete waste of my time! However I'm quickly learning that my decision to go through with Hubpages, is greatly paying off as I'm beginning to see some rewards.

I think the main thing to do in life, is to get advice from people who've already done the thing you're doing, so that you can learn from their mistakes, as well as emulate their successes! A great man once said "Learn from other people's mistakes, as you don't live long enough to make them all yourself.".

Also I was heavily told not to join a certain writing competition against high skilled writers, however I joined and won the highest cash prize for my writing! Don't listen to your peers when they say you're not capable of doing something, becuase usually they're just trying to keep you down at their level...

3. mailxpress profile image53
    mailxpressposted 6 years ago

My Internet Business.  Friends and family thought for years I was just speaking about a pipe dream or out of my ass.  Now I tell them I earn residual income.

4. whoisbid profile image78
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

If you want to do something in this life you had better do it, even if you do it badly but just do it! So many people talk about success but they never become successful themselves because they would rather spend their time adoring other people who are successful.
    I have created web pages all over the internet over many years  and am proud to say that millions upon millions of people have passed through them. Some of them make good money too. No-one would of believed it or supported me in the past and till this day very few people still believe it either- so I don't even bother trying to prove it anymore. I just do it!

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Yes, many times -- and in most cases, the people who said it wouldn't work had no factual basis for their opinion. For most, it was their knee-jerk reaction based on their own preconceived notions about something, and for others...I think they were really afraid to see me succeed while they were still miserable in their lives. Now I'm a full-time freelance writer, have been for almost five years now, and I'm working on launching my first major knowledge product -- and strangely, all the naysayers who thought I was crazy to let go of my job stocking shelves at Wal-Mart have gone silent.