jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to become a good fitness professional?

1. ptmastery profile image59
    ptmasteryposted 6 years ago

How to become a good fitness professional?

2. MakeEasyCash profile image76
    MakeEasyCashposted 6 years ago

I would start to study for a personal training certification such as ACE (American Council on Exercise) or NASM (Nation Academy of sports medicine). Along with that I would figure joining a local fitness center and participating in group exercises will also teach you several new methods that can be applied again in the future. Do not forget to educate yourself on proper nutrition as well. You can exercise as much as you want but proper nutrition will amplify the outcome/results and will make all that hard work well worth it.

3. profile image0
    ChuckGposted 6 years ago

As makeeasycash stated you first need to get certified. After that get yourself insurance, you can do so online in case a client gets injured. Once you've covered these two bases, listen to your client's needs and wants. Give advice but never press what YOU want to do for your client. Personal fitness is about setting goals that are attainable for your client. Some will require baby steps and lots of encouragement.

Learn to motivate without badgering, learn patience when clients whimper, and most of all, learn to listen, really listen to your client.

4. ptmastery profile image59
    ptmasteryposted 6 years ago

Thanks MakeEasyCash and Chuck G. your answers is a great opening to a good start in being a fitness professional.

I learned from your answers that treating the clients as good as you can will help making me a good fitness professional plus getting certificate to a Fitness academy.

Thanks again.

working