jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you make an effort to shop at locally owned stores instead of going to big bo

1. profile image49
    webfactoryposted 6 years ago

Do you make an effort to shop at locally owned stores instead of going to big box stores?

2. Nancy Owens profile image96
    Nancy Owensposted 6 years ago

Yes. Whenever I can I try to make purchases from local small businesses. I find that because my buying power is small (especially in this economy), I have begun to select specific small business in my area to support. I would like to support them all, but am just not able to do so. I figure by choosing a few, I can make a greater contribution in terms of monetary support.

3. jkrygiel08 profile image55
    jkrygiel08posted 6 years ago

Absolutely! Everyone should try to do this more often. By keeping your money within a local economy, this is better for the community you live in. Instead of your money going to a huge corporation that may or may not be doing positive things with the money, the money will hopefully keep circulating locally and potentially better your community. Also, if a local shop sells the food they grow, or makes their own products, this is better from a sustainability point of view. A good phrase to remember is: Think Global, Buy Local.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Not really. I enjoy going to Walmart. Though I have to force myself to go to Target, never have liked that store. But I shop at Amazon, Macy's and Jcpennies. Though I only shop there once every few months. Amazon is the most common with, at least, a three times a month purchase.

5. Mercia Collins profile image73
    Mercia Collinsposted 6 years ago

Yes I do try to support local businesses as much as I can. If people do not do so one day all there will be will be chain stores