jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What's the best way to get a job in a foreign country?

1. sethpowers profile image71
    sethpowersposted 5 years ago

What's the best way to get a job in a foreign country?

I am looking to live abroad for the life experience, so any job that would cover rent and basic living expenses will suffice. I don't really care what it is. I have heard of people getting crazy jobs that require travel such as fishing boats, smokejumpers, etc.

2. shamani67 profile image61
    shamani67posted 5 years ago

First thing is - if you want to become a citizen, do it. You then need to be able to assimilate to the country. Do not bring your beliefs (muslim etc) to the new Country you want to work in. If, for example, you came to Australia, you need to take on their culture and live as they do. The worst thing out is that people come to Australia and expect us to take on their culure and accept it.
    When anyone comes here they need to accept our culture and live by it. Do Not try and put their culture on us.
    Australia accepts backpackers really well and will give them work throughout the country. BUT, you must live like an Aussie.
    Or at least try your best.
    We love Backpackers from anywhere in the world.
    I myself took in a backpacker for almost a year, working locally.
    My advice for anyone coming to Australia to work is to do your best to blend in and accept our culture as your own whilst you are here.

sethpowersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't want to become a citizen, I more or less want an extended vacation (thinking like 3-6 months). I get assimilation, that's obvious. but what are tips to get a job in Australia BEFORE I make the move? What are the booming industries?

3. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

There is work here for those that want it .I read a news article about getting 36,000 people from overseas for tourism jobs so there is a need for the right workers especially ones that speak English .
    You are best to be here when applying for work.
    When here don't leave litter everywhere and use the toilets not the floor as some backpackers have been quite bad lately .
    Have an RSA, good references and the right visa .

sethpowersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Leave litter everywhere and use the floor for the bathroom? What kind of monster do you think I am? I want to get the job first so I have a reason to move to Australia. It seems like moving there and looking for a job could take a while.

2. freecampingaussie profile image62
      freecampingaussieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sadly a lot of people visiting the area are litterbugs and we have overnight places closed down because of what they do/ don't do . There are a lot of good backpackers as well.

working