jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you thought about a career change, but didn't do it? Why...what made you ch

1. keithlipke profile image60
    keithlipkeposted 5 years ago

Have you thought about a career change, but didn't do it? Why...what made you change your mind?

2. sashas89 profile image70
    sashas89posted 5 years ago

Luckily, I'm not old enough yet to even consider or need a career change. I'm doing something I love, so unless this path leads to eventual failure (which I can't see happening), I might never need to experience the agonies of a career change,

3. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 5 years ago

I thought seriously about it around ten years ago.  I decided to stick in out in my current field because I do still enjoy it as a whole.   The real deciding factor for me was the experiences of two of my brothers who attempted mid-career changes.  Both, because of circumstances beyond their control, ended up being unemployed or underemployed for quite some time. It wreaked havoc on their finances and families.  Fortunately, they both have managed to get back on their feet but it cost them.  In this economic climate, with jobs so scarce and new employees being the first to be shown the door during cutbacks, I wouldn't even consider a career change unless I was absolutely miserable where i was.

4. Angela Kane profile image77
    Angela Kaneposted 5 years ago

Yes I have. I did not do change because I would most likely have to go back to school and at the moment that would cause more problems than it solves. A lot of people would prefer to change their careers, but many will have to get training and start from the bottom. Most people make better money and have a higher status at their current jobs.

5. billybuc profile image89
    billybucposted 5 years ago

Actually no, I haven't.  Several times I have left well-paying jobs to pursue other interests and I never looked back.  I seem to be wired differently than many others because I don't give much importance to toys and bigger houses and larger bank accounts; quality of life is much more important to me and possessions mean very little. Once you take all that into consideration then it is easy to make a career change.

working