jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is a career change at 40 possible??

1. profile image59
    Terasa Trotterposted 13 months ago

Is a career change at 40 possible??

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 13 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13453434_f260.jpg

Anything is possible!

3. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 13 months ago

Yes, a career change at 40 is possible and at any age as long as you are able to do it. We are never too old to try something new.

4. profile image59
    Chantel Davisposted 13 months ago

Yes, it is.  I changed careers at the age of 35, and have never regretted it.  Depending on the career you want to move into, you may need training/education and some hands-on experience to get your foot in the door.  For example, when I made my career change, I had the education, but no actual experience.  So, I worked as an intern (yes, I was a 36 year old intern) for 3 months before I was blessed enough to be offered a job.

1. profile image59
      Terasa Trotterposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Chantel, my problem is I don't know what I want to do? Just that I really need a change. It's very frustrating...
      The older I get the harder it seems to be able to find a doorway..

5. ResumePundits profile image44
    ResumePunditsposted 11 months ago

Yes, Absolutely!

The days of committing to one company from entry level to retirement are almost over. It is becoming ever more prominent that people are changing careers after 40. I have written thousands of resumes and see this almost weekly.

I would maybe suggest doing an indeed.com search, by including your city and state, but leaving the job title blank. This will pull every job posted in your areas. Sure, there will be 100's of jobs to sift through, but once you find a few areas that interest you, you can start targeting those.

Good Luck!

working