How do you stay productive when you are waiting for an appointment to show up?
I have had to wait several times for someone to show up, and I don't want to start a new project that will most likely get interrupted. What do you do to not waste all the little time and stay productive between appointments and other meetings?
There are at least 5 options here. I'm going out on a limb seeing you are a Rev, I'm assuming you are waiting for your next appointment at your office.
1. Do you have a phone list of people you are supposed to call today? Why aren't you using this time for at least one of those calls? You are in control of a call - all the time. When you need to, because your appointment shows up, tell them you will call them back!
2. Who died? Who just got married? Who is sick? Who just graduated? All these notes you need to remember to write (note I said write, not email). You are in charge of when you start and when you stop.
3. How challenging is this next appointment supposed to be? Meditation, prayer, relaxation techniques, are all a good idea prior to having to give good advice.
4. Read that form, book, email, that you can put down when your appointment arrives. That way, you won't be tempted to look at your computer screen while you are supposed to be listening intently
5. Get up, stretch, get a cup of coffee or ice water, a couple push-ups, getting the blood running is good anytime - for your mind, body and patience.
Best to you Rev Atkins!
I consider this some of the most valuable time I have. When I am not working and just waiting for an appointment I view the window as an opportunity to exercise. I firmly believe that we need to take some time for creative thinking. I refer to it as exercising your creativity bone.
I use this time to work on "ideas in progress", jot down different ideas for new projects, start listings of various people/businesses I need to contact, identify different subjects for lectures I might wish to work on, etc.
Do not discount the fact that someone has taken valuable time out of my schedule just to wait for them. But this is "surprise" time that I try to use for ideas and to continue formulating new promotions etc.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.