jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do to stay alert when you are tired?

1. GoodLady profile image95
    GoodLadyposted 6 years ago

What do you do to stay alert when you are tired?

What healthy tips can you suggest when your energy is flagging, yet you must keep on going?

2. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 6 years ago

get up and do stretches/walk in place and then of course, drink my coffee...what do you do?

3. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

If you are motivated enough to do the work you are supposed to do, you won't need anything else other than a drink of water. Long hours of work can leave you dehydrated and drinking water solves this problem. A bit of stretching also helps.

4. officialvillas profile image60
    officialvillasposted 6 years ago

When your tired a very simple yet a very healthy exercise is to laugh! laughing can activate your energy by the muscle contraction. smile

5. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

If I am driving, I stop and get a cup of coffee and walk around a bit., especially on long drives.Chew some gum and listen to the car radio, and if need be, pull over at a rest stop and take a short nap. You can be surprised as to how this will help you on a long trip. i would avoid some of the pills that are supposed to keep you awake. These can be very harmful in the long run to your health. Splashing some water in your face in a rest stop may help also.

6. alphagirl profile image80
    alphagirlposted 6 years ago

take a walk, do breathing excercises, drink coffee and close my eyes for 10 minutes.

7. lupine profile image72
    lupineposted 6 years ago

Depends what I'm in the mood for...coffee, green tea, fresh fruit, walking.

8. skinsman82000 profile image86
    skinsman82000posted 6 years ago

I get up do some push-ups, jump around......do SOMETHING to get your blood flowing and it'll help you stay more alert.