jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do when your co-employees address or introduce you differently from

1. daisynicolas profile image79
    daisynicolasposted 6 years ago

What do you do when your co-employees address or introduce you differently from your job title?

Administrative assistants have more varied duties than receptionists.  How would you handle the situation when your own supervisor, the HR staff and other co-employees refer to you as the receptionist when ly you're not. How would you handle it when HR discounts this disrespect?

2. ramkimeena profile image59
    ramkimeenaposted 6 years ago

I will simply keep mum and ignore it. In the ultimate analysis, you are judged and respected  by  what you are and not what your titles are.

3. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Don't fret about it....It's easier for some to say the word receptionist than ad. asst.
    You know your job title, others may do this without it occuring to them that the title is wrong.  If it's truly a disrespect issue, ask for a larger nameplate!  Don't play kids games about who's more important.  Your work and work ethic will speak for itself!

4. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Since receptionists can have the hardest job of anyone in a company - including taking the abuse - it honestly wouldn't worry me. I think there are always things at work that are annoying but best just to ignore it and concentrate on more important things.

working