jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would you do to keep your colleagues or your boss from getting under your s

1. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 6 years ago

What would you do to keep your colleagues or your boss from getting under your skin?

2. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

I would just put my head down and throw myself into my job, producing astonishing results. How can anyone get under your skin if your way above them?

Good question:-)

3. Thrifty Lady profile image91
    Thrifty Ladyposted 6 years ago

I remind myself to "choose my attitude".  If I let my colleagues get to me to the point where I react negatively, I'd probably start getting under other people's skin.

4. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

It must be extremely uncomfortable having a person under your skin!  I guess the best way to avoid it would be to wear very tight clothes, have tighter skin, or use good lice powder, or in fact all of those options!   I'm sure it must be very important also to remain alert at all times, just to ensure that you can quickly avoid any attempt by anyone hoping to get that close to you!  I mean how do you know if a total stranger wants to meet you, just so they can enter your skin?  What a terrible thought!

5. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

No matter where you go, be it work or play, you will always be dealing with diverse character traits.  I am the one who can control my reaction to their attitude and behavior.  Parents teach their children to "walk away" when it becomes too overwhelming and you want to lash out.  We need to do similarly as adults.. walk away, ignore them, do something else that  will help you refocus.