jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What should I do if I do not like my supervisor or her boss?

1. ravenlt04 profile image64
    ravenlt04posted 6 years ago

What should I do if I do not like my supervisor or her boss?

Yes, I do have reasonable reasons.  They don't value us employees!  They are on a power trip and don't care about us "little people".  But we do the grunt work and deserve much more respect and appreciation!

2. profile image0
    Jussara Scottonposted 6 years ago

Well, you can quit or pretend you like them or...Since you're not the only one unsatisfied, gather your colleagues and talk to them...

3. Jillian Barclay profile image80
    Jillian Barclayposted 6 years ago

If you value your job, keep your mouth shut! Do not share your opinion with anyone at work! Just do your job and go home when you are finished! Your job is not your life; it is just what you do so that you can live your life.

This is just the way it is. Happens everywhere. If they are violating the law and being abusive, then you do have to take action, but if it is normal, run of the mill crap, then don't think you can change them.

4. Fmfdoc profile image59
    Fmfdocposted 6 years ago

Go in, do your job to the best of your ability and go home happy knowing that. That you did a heck of a job. Worry about you. Don't concern yourself with whatever your supervisor is doing or what they think unless it's affecting you in an illegal way.

Be happy about you and what you do. Keep striving to be your best.

5. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

It depends on why you don't like them.  Regardless of the reasons you should confront them if it interferes with the job.  If it doesn't then you need to suck it up.  If you can't then I suggest looking for a new job so your feelings don't boil over and get you fired. 

Look for a job while you have one if you need to.  Jobs are very difficult to come by.  Believe me, I know.

6. Robert_Truitt1 profile image56
    Robert_Truitt1posted 6 years ago

The best thing to do is either pput up with it or find another job. Really there is no other option because you need the job and the employer feels like the same way they got you they can get someone else.

7. ravenlt04 profile image64
    ravenlt04posted 6 years ago

Great responses!  Thanks, you all!  I try to coach myself through each day; I usually stay to myself, and listen to good music or write on Hubpages to cope.  And believe me I have been job hunting all year!  I apply for at least 5 jobs a day, and they are hard to come by.  sad  I do have an interview Monday!  Wish me luck!  In education, it really seems hard to switch jobs and hard to avoid the politics.  sad

8. Guanta profile image73
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

The first and only question to be answered on any job is "why do I work?  The answer I always came up with was I needed the money.  If I had allowed people with their attitudes, opinions, rudeness, calousness, etc., to get me off track I would not be collecingt my pension today.