jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What was your last act of kindness and how did it make uo feel?

1. susanna NY profile image60
    susanna NYposted 6 years ago

What was your last act of kindness and how did it make uo feel?

2. Perspycacious profile image80
    Perspycaciousposted 6 years ago

Giving a blessing to an elderly gentleman before he went to the hospital for some needed care, and it made me feel obedient to my calling as a priest.

3. FordeAhern profile image60
    FordeAhernposted 6 years ago

MY act of kindness is going on since last Thursday. A friend is moving and I am helping her out in every way. Minding her kids, giving her and her family supper as they are moving to the same village as me.
    Giving them a bedroom to use this Thursday night to sleep as they have to be out of their other house and the rented house wont be ready until Friday.  That is what friends are for

4. Faceless39 profile image95
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I was at school today and noticed a pair of ear bud headphones in the snow on the ground.  I've been looking at buying the same ones, but am too poor at the moment to afford them.  I could have taken them, but I figured whoever lost them is probably a poor student just like me.  I perched them next to the pathway in the hopes that whoever lost them will find them.

Obviously good deeds make people feel good.

5. Bretsuki profile image77
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

I helped someone pay their bus fare to get home.

They were $2.00 short for the fare and it was a forty mile walk for them, so I covered the difference with the bus driver.

I didn't feel particularly special because of it. I would hope someone may do the same thing for me. The bus I use serves a large number of rural communities and it is constantly under threat of service cuts. Paying a little extra for someone else was no real hardship for me, not $2.00 anyway. My theory was that if the bus made more money it might save the service for another year. Helping one personon therefore was the perfect utilitarian solution.

6. EclecticFusion profile image78
    EclecticFusionposted 6 years ago

I guess my last act of kindness is the one I'm going through right now. For the past 2 1/2 months I've been acting as foster mom of 9 wonderful puppies! Tomorrow they leave for their next stop where they will be adopted out! So excited for them, but I sure am going to miss those cuties! I've nurtured them this far and I hope they all get into caring and loving homes! Thinking about that makes me feel like I made a difference and it makes me happy!

working