jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What was the last unsolicited act of kindness you performed?

1. Born2care2001 profile image74
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

What was the last unsolicited act of kindness you performed?

All too often we speed through life without recognizing the importance of a simple act of kindness. It's a reciprocal gesture, it good for both the giver and the recipient! I wonder why there isn't a national kindness day?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Kindness ... Is, the Unsolicited Act ...
    In every other sense, it becomes a paltry business Transaction.

Humans ... Intrinsically ... are Kindness oriented ... till $$$ or material considerations replace the humane, in human inter-Action ...

Yes there should be a "Day" of national kindness ... but it seems we will need another calender ... because in the present one ... all 365 days already stand earmarked by Seculars ...

In Secular Calendar's earmarked days, Kindness is expressed with gifts ... generally flowers, or the $$$ ... in one or other manner ... not Kind words, or a sincere hug, of Kindness.

By The Grace of Allah ... I am no victim of Material Considerations ... I, intrinsically am, for kindness ... and I do not keep a count ... of What The Lord Expects me to do.

3. helmutbiscut profile image77
    helmutbiscutposted 6 years ago

I told my husband I loved him and kissed him goodnight.

It does seem that unsolicited acts of kindness should be something that we naturally do, on a daily basis.  Showing kindness through affection, holding the door for someone, or simply by making eye contact with someone can make a huge difference in someone's day.  It's unfortunate that people need to be reminded of this.  I know there's not a day titled Random Acts of Kindness Day, but on the fourth Friday of October, there is Make a Difference Day.  This day is a day when you can do anything you want to do that will help make the world a better place.  I used to work for a foster care agency.  We would participate in the day by organizing a talent show where all the foster kids could display their talents.  We took donations from attendees and then let the kids decide which charity to give the money.  The kids learned to give to others...it was fantastic.  Hopefully they have been able to carry this with them so that they could be role models for others.  Kindness is contagious and addictive if you do it enough!

4. Dexter Yarbrough profile image83
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

Simply holding the door open for someone. I did that several times last week and received nice responses. I would have done it anyway. Some people are so rude they will open a door and let it close on the person right behind them.

5. Beth Pipe profile image84
    Beth Pipeposted 6 years ago

Earlier this week I overheard an elderly couple sitting behind me on the train.  They were worried as they'd forgotten to pick up a timetable so didn't know what time the return train was - so I gave them mine.

Timetables are free so it really wasn't a hassle.  I felt bad though as I didn't want them to think I'd been eavesdropping...

6. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 6 years ago

This Thanksgiving my Grandchildren were old enough to serve at a Home for Abused Women and Children..My Daughters and I have been doing this ever since they were small and passing on the tradition to the next generation. The children are still talking about their experience. The kiddies and I also gather branches, greens  and pine cones from our farm and make decorations for all the neighbors mailboxes..many are older people who don't get out much...the " GC " have a blast and enjoy this tradition...weedbychoice

7. parentsreview profile image81
    parentsreviewposted 6 years ago

Recently, I was driving home from work in the dark, cursing the slower drivers in front of me.  I saw the break-lights of the car directly in front of me flash on and it's back end popped up.  After one more four-letter word, while I stamped my own breaks, the car swerved off of the road, and in my headlights, I saw a frightened deer.  I slowed in time, but the other car went right up the hill beside the road, and flipped down like a slinky.  I pulled over to see how the other driver was.  It was a young girl around 18 commuting to a night class, and miraculously, she was fine--just terribly shaken up.  Me and another woman waited with her until the police arrived.

8. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

When I was quite young I remember hearing someone say (or maybe I read it) that the greatest personal reward you can have is to do something nice for someone and not tell anyone about it. So, if I ever did something kind, I couldn't tell you.

9. THEHuG5 profile image61
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

I used my spiderman-like reflexes to catch this guys cell phone before it hit the ground.

10. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Not sure if this would be considered an act of kindness or an act of humanity but whenever I go walking on a path at the park, there are many other walkers there, who I do not know, However, I always make it a point to acknowledge them by saying hello or good morning.

You'd be amazed at how much it seems to uplift people to be acknowledged. It makes me feel good too when I see the positive impact it has on others.

Love the idea of a National Kindness Day...but then that should be every day,no?