jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would you ever go into business with your spouse or other family member?

1. 4wardthinker profile image80
    4wardthinkerposted 5 years ago

Would you ever go into business with your spouse or other family member?

2. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

I actually have, it's not easy, but it's manageable, but also because our tasks don't get mixed, that is we can't do what the other does, otherwise we would probably fight a lot more. One important thing about it, we know each other even better, we are also more aware of more flaws of the other, which, if we didn't work together, we wouldn't know about.

3. funkydave1 profile image60
    funkydave1posted 5 years ago

absolutely, especially if the other person has skills or talents different from yours as this could make for a very harmonious relationship. The important thing is to be very clear up front what the expectations are for each person and how to divide the work load depending on the business of course.Another very if not the most important is for each person to grasp the vision of the business, where do you want to go with it? what are some of the sacrifices each have to make and are they willing to do so. its important do the due diligence and explore this aspect.

one of the nice things about this type of relationship is you know the other person, and can somewhat know what to expect.

4. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

Igo into business with people I trust. My spouse and family are the first person in mind when it comes to trust.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I could go into business with my husband but I would hesitate to do it with other family members for fear of problems coming up.

6. sandus profile image67
    sandusposted 5 years ago

i not at all think about it.. but when situation arises we cannot avoid spouse or family members

7. RMfreelancewriter profile image60
    RMfreelancewriterposted 5 years ago

Spouse yes, family member no.

I would never go into business with my brother because of our different sense of self. We are like night and day on two different planets.

working