jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever put off writing a hub because you thought a friend/family member m

1. Hayley Richardson profile image83
    Hayley Richardsonposted 6 years ago

Have you ever put off writing a hub because you thought a friend/family member might see it?

Would be embarrassed if they read it?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

No.  However, I am very careful to disguise information that could relate to anybody I know specifically.

3. Sonya L Morley profile image60
    Sonya L Morleyposted 6 years ago

Well...yes.  But if the friend/family member's story is an integral part of my own story and I can write about it in a way that - hopefully - respects and honors them, then I'm afraid I wouldn't hold back.  But I guess often discretion might be the better part of valour!  It also doesn't hurt to change names.

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Not at all. It is my opinion and I am very blunt and open about my opinions. If they have issues with the topic or subject or my comments, then they can come to me about it. And I would be fine in having a discussion with them as long as they create a decent argument.

5. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

I have to agree with Time Traveler 2, I really don't care what the rest of the World thinks of me and although I use a pen name, it wouldn't be to difficult to figure out who I am.

However I am very careful about using other peoples name or identity in my hubs without their permission. Obviously if one is quoting a source the name has to be used.

95 percent of the Worlds population doesn't agree with my beliefs so it is important not to associate someone I know with my articles.

I don't mind being labelled a Nutard, but other folks do, so ethically and morally I would consider it rude.

6. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

No, I always write as if anyone in the world might read what I write, so I let honesty, ethics, and good judgement be my guide.