jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you hire a maid, or housekeeper?

1. cloverleaffarm profile image65
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

Would you hire a maid, or housekeeper?

Would having someone come into your personal space bother you?

2. Aunt Jimi profile image61
    Aunt Jimiposted 5 years ago

I have hired cleaning services in the past, but they often do not meet my requirements.  Does a cleaning service count as maid service?

No, I would not want someone messing with my stuff.  If I had a regular cleaning service, maid, or house keeper, I would have to rearrange my living space so that anything I considered very personal, or very valuable, would not be accessible to them.  One reason I would never live in a mansion even if I could afford one in every country in the world.

3. cookies4breakfast profile image59
    cookies4breakfastposted 5 years ago

Good question!  I don't feel comfortable having someone come into our home when we're not here.  We lived in an apartment for a while, and at least once a month, we would have building maintenance staff come into our apartment while we were at work.  We would have to lock our cats in the bathroom all day, and though I always put a huge sign on the door, I was always afraid they would let them out.  It was stressful for the cats and for us. 

Plus, we're both clean freaks, so we may expect too much from a cleaning service!

4. FordeAhern profile image60
    FordeAhernposted 5 years ago

yes I have from time to time and I find them great.  I love to see the house in tip top shape and as I am injured with my hand now I find I cant do things I want to do so why  not call the cleaners in.

5. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

If I could afford it, I would. My wife has back issues so I do the heavy cleaning. I also have kitchen duty after meals. However, until "my ship" comes in, a maid is not in the picture. If hired, the made or housekeeper would be legal, her income reported and her Social Security taxes paid.

6. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

Yes, I would, and I did in the past. Not a live in maid, though. They are great if you tell them specific job, and they only do that and leave!

working