jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it more cost effective to work and hire a cleaning service or to stay home an

1. Storytellersrus profile image78
    Storytellersrusposted 7 years ago

Is it more cost effective to work and hire a cleaning service or to stay home and clean it yourself?

2. profile image54
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

i don't like the idea of strangers in my home. i do my own cleaning. if something comes up missing, i don't have any 1 2 blame but myself, b/c i likely mislaid the item/s

3. JanitorCleaning profile image55
    JanitorCleaningposted 7 years ago

It depends on how much time you have and if you're willing to spend a little money for the best cleaning possible. Most professional and janitorial cleaning services are willing to work with you on scheduling and other details.

4. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Unless you are making excellent money, yourself, it is more cost effective to do it yourself.  Furthermore, most maid services today hire the cheapest illegal aliens (mostly from a country south of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas) they can find.  The maids cannot speak English, have no concept of proper cleaning procedures, and pass on information about your valuables to their boyfriends.

Now, if you do have the coin, seek out an agency that has bonded, English speaking maids and/or handymen, who have been trained and don't bring in filth on their tools, from previous jobs.

Remember, any idiot illiterate thinks they can clean.  Wrong!  If you want a good job, you are going to have to pay good money for it.

5. AboveBeyond profile image57
    AboveBeyondposted 7 years ago

As the owner of a cleaning service who's employees are insured, licensed and bonded I think it's safe to say that a cleaning service is the way to go. That of course is my biased opinion based on two simple facts...

I hate to clean, and I've expereinced a different clean then I am capable of with a cleaning service.

If you have extra money and no extra time a cleaning service may just be what your looking for.

As a college student, stay at home mother to two and small business owner time is deifnitly something I lack.

Good luck!

6. profile image64
    alphacleaningposted 7 years ago

it really depends on how much are you making at your current job. If you make more for let's say 5 hours of your work than you have to pay cleaning service company for 5 hours of their work, then yes, you can hire a cleaning company. But if you don't make enough money, you should do it yourself. Also you should realize that a cleaning company can do the same job much faster than if it were you doing it. Why? Because each member of the crew is trained in cleaning of a specific area. One cleaner cleans bathroom, another one handles kitchen cleaning and another one does whatever is left. Each of them is very time efficient in their specific work, so probably if they can do the work in 5 hours, it may take you 7-8 hours to do the same work. There are many other things that can be taken into consideration, but the ones I wrote about are the most important.