jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What should be the next step from USA to stable their financial status?

1. Reves-diary profile image76
    Reves-diaryposted 6 years ago

What should be the next step from USA to stable their financial status?

All of us know that, USA does not have the strong financial status at present. There may be hundreds of reasons behind this issue. I am just wondering on how they can modify their situation, and make a strong financial condition that was present a few years back.

2. Life and Luxury profile image83
    Life and Luxuryposted 6 years ago

I am from the US. We have had much worse days as a country than now, but we need to bring more jobs back to the US.

3. genuineaid profile image78
    genuineaidposted 6 years ago

- Stop supporting all of the foreign countries until all of the debt is paid off.

and

- Get American troops out of all foreign countries and stay here and protect the country from the inside.

4. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

Our economic system was based on limitless growth and upon a make believe world which had no boundaries. And it worked for a long time because there was space and people and energy to easily exploit, and it beat out other systems, because it is designed to grow faster than them.

Of course we do not live in an limitless world. We live in a finite world. There no longer is any room for growth. We have tried to invent extra space using tricks like fiat money and exotic financial instruments, but the reality is that our system is based on a fiction. Until we recognize that and alter the system, it won't get any better.

That is also exactly why income disparity is growing. The wealthy and powerful still have the means to carve out more space for themselves. But rather than carving it out of empty space or easy to exploit space elsewhere they are carving it out of us. And they laugh as we fight amongst ourselves, blaming our problems on boogeymen and immigrants. Ridiculous.

Capitalism has failed, yet people worship it like a God. I don't see us willingly casting it away until we get pushed into so small a space that we revolt. And even after that, we will probably just start right back up with the same flawed system.

working