jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you involved in your community?

1. K Partin profile image58
    K Partinposted 7 years ago

Are you involved in your community?

If so, in what in what way?? I have dedicated a new web-site to my community at: http://communitychat.weebly.com for them to use as they wish. To promote, discuss, and announce. My way of getting more involved and giving back to the area I live in..

2. Merlin Fraser profile image80
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

For my small part I am a volunteer driver for the local  "Dial a Ride Bus Service."

This is a five day a week service aimed at providing a door to door service for the elderly or disabled to get to the local shops, doctors, dentist, hospital out patients Etc.
    There are longer trips to a bigger town with a larger range of shops and Supermarkets,

There is a pool of drivers and we take it in turns. As you say it's a way to give a little something back.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I am, but not as much as I'd like to be. I volunteer at the local animal shelter, participate in "community cleanups" (picking up trash along the roads and helping haul people's large trash such as furniture to the dump), and help in 4-H shooting sports with coaching, monitoring safety, and organizing fundraisers.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I'm on call to two old ladies, one next door is 96, the other with an adjoining garden is 95, both lucid but a bit shaky on their feet:-)

5. SimplicityStew profile image56
    SimplicityStewposted 7 years ago

I created a website for my community. I also produced several free print publications for the residents. I compile event information, family resources and links to the community. I support our local animal shelter, schools in the area, farmer's markets, tourism, and local small business. I update the site daily, and provide information free of charge. The website is located at http://www.putnamcountymagazine.com