jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you posted a resume on Linkedin and used it for business and career network

1. Chuck profile image91
    Chuckposted 6 years ago

Have you posted a resume on Linkedin and used it for business and career networking?

Linkedin is a business networking site. I have been a member for about 2 or 3 years and have found it to be a good place to connect with business acquaintances.

2. amithak50 profile image62
    amithak50posted 6 years ago

Yep ,I use it .It helps a lot in your online as well as offline  career as there are tons recruiters over there

3. Tom T profile image69
    Tom Tposted 6 years ago

Here's something from the other side of the career search equation.  I am a recruiter and I use LinkedIn quite a bit to find candidates.  I like the quality of candidates I find but one thing that frustrates all recruiters is the inability to quickly connect with candidates who are looking for work on LI. 

Too many times candidates have their profile locked down.  By this I mean only the last initial is shown or the name is marked private.  I have to do a some detective work to find their last name.  Then more detective work to find a contact email address or phone number. 

Remember if you are not working, recruiters can't track you down through your work phone.  If you are using LI to find a new job, make sure you have a piece of contact information, preferably a phone number, easily discernible, so we can talk quickly. 

Another tip is to load up your profile with keywords relevant to your skill set.  I would list as much as you can especially jargon words related to your industry.

Do yourself a favor, if you are looking for work and using LI, make yourself easy to find and easy to contact. It will significantly improve your chances of being found.

4. profile image59
    bluebayposted 6 years ago

yes I have.  There are many contacts thru linkedin.

5. MazioCreate profile image73
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

Thanks for asking this question Chuck. No I haven't used LinkedIn for uploading my resume, but after reading Tom T's response I now know how to get the best mileage from posting it to LI.

6. Lipnancy profile image92
    Lipnancyposted 6 years ago

@ TomT I understand what you are saying about not having a phone number published, but on the other side of that if it is published every one and their sister calls you. Personally I prefer e-mail communications. Does anyone really communicate and do business with a phone anymore? I know I refuse too.

7. RolyRetro profile image85
    RolyRetroposted 6 years ago

I love the networking aspect of LinkedIn and use it to connect to suppliers, colleagues, old friends and customers.  Once you have a few hundred contacts in a particular industry or field, its amazing how easily you can connect to someone you want to meet, they are rarely more than one or two connections away.

This is the real power of linkedIn for networking, as people will rarely reject a personal introduction from one of your contacts.  A direct approach is not necessary, in fact its better if you ask someone to introduce you to their connection as it adds credibility.

But you need to build your network before you need a job, rather than just slapping on your profile and waiting for the phone to ring!

working