jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best step to learn knitting?

1. profile image51
    defensesarasotaposted 6 years ago

What is the best step to learn knitting?

I do love seeing beautiful crafts but sad to say I don't have talent for being creative. And I am always busy, but I really want to learn knitting. Hope there are some of you who can give me tips!

2. mackyi profile image65
    mackyiposted 6 years ago

You should buy CDs or books on knitting for beginners.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

The easiest way to learn to knit is to have someone who knows teach you. Even just watching someone do it you can pick it up. But you can probably teach yourself with a book or on the internet. The basic stitches are easy to learn, and it's not hard to make a simple pattern, but that's as far as I've gotten. Knitting anything that's not rectangular seems challenging.

4. Sushma Webber profile image85
    Sushma Webberposted 5 years ago

I too wanted to learn knitting and waited until I could find somebody to teach me. However, I could not find anyone who had the time to teach me.

I finally found the lessons on You Tube and I learned from the videos. They are a great resource for beginners as well as advanced knitters. I learned a few patterns and have completed a teddy bear and a scarf so far. The teddy needs to be stuffed and sewn though.

You need to also learn how to read the patterns. There are many patterns available online.

There is a dedicated social network called Ravelry.com where you can find a great knitting community and lots of resources.

Hope that helps.

working