jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What did you want to be when you grew up? Did your wish come true or are you sti

1. Joan King profile image72
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

What did you want to be when you grew up? Did your wish come true or are you still "growing up"?

It is true we have great plans for our careers and our future in general and then life happens. As an adult is there something you still want to be when you grow up?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6523212_f260.jpg

2. Clive Donegal profile image77
    Clive Donegalposted 5 years ago

I wanted to be a writer, but instead became an English teacher and then backed into it. While teaching, I started writing for a newspaper and eventually segued into journalism. I have made my living in communications and journalism for more than twenty-five years now.
    I love my work.

3. unknown spy profile image76
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

i wanted really to become a civil engr., workign on a high rise building, construction sites, making designs and lay-outs..it came true,,,but only the second word. smile
    well as an adult..really wanted to be a spy or undercover agent smile

4. Joan King profile image72
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

Clive, you are one of the lucky ones. Being a teacher was the perfect segway to your dream job as a writer.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I'm hoping that I never grow up. It would be nice to still have some of that childish wonder of the world. It helps against depression, anxiety, and stress.

6. profile image0
    alloporusposted 5 years ago

I didn't know. Luckily I still don't but somewhere along the way I grew up. Now I want to be a kid again to figure out some new wishes.

7. Rosalinem profile image59
    Rosalinemposted 5 years ago

I really wanted to be a scientist and I am far from that today.

working