jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What did you want to be when you grew up and did it change, if so when and why?

1. Charlu profile image80
    Charluposted 6 years ago

What did you want to be when you grew up and did it change, if so when and why?

2. alezafree profile image92
    alezafreeposted 6 years ago

A brain surgeon, actress, unicorn owner. Instead I'm a writer. It's basically the same thing.

3. wiserworld profile image92
    wiserworldposted 6 years ago

I think I wanted to be a Zamboni driver. My career goals changed and decided to prolong the job decision indefinitely.

4. alliemacb profile image91
    alliemacbposted 6 years ago

I wanted to be a lawyer, probably as the result of watching too many 1980s legal dramas on television.  I actually work as a university lecturer teaching English Literature and really just stumbled into it by chance.  As it turns out, I love my job.

5. profile image55
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

I always wanted to work with kids I never thought of doing anything else really. I have been doing my job for the last 6 years and still loving it.

6. darrensurrey profile image73
    darrensurreyposted 6 years ago

I wanted to be an Action Man. Look, look! I can do the eagle eyes.

7. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 6 years ago

I wanted to be a Paediatrician but that changed because parenting came in the picture.  And my focus changed to being a mother so my dream is no more.

8. FreezeFrame34 profile image76
    FreezeFrame34posted 6 years ago

When I was in third grade, I had the most wonderful, inspiring, motivational teacher. It was then that I decided I wanted to be a teacher. When I was eleven, I was in a bicycle accident, fractured my skull, and it was then that I decided I wanted to become a special education teacher.

9. profile image82
    SeedyKiwiposted 6 years ago

I seriously wanted to play Professional Darts as a kid... I would still love to, and while I am nowhere near good enough I still hope that one day it will magically all come together and the dream becomes reality...

working