jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Which is the most annoying office habit you have ever come across?

1. ksknair profile image80
    ksknairposted 5 years ago

Which is the most annoying office habit you have ever come across?

Often our colleges do indulge in some very annoying office habit which really irritates us, like talking loud on their phones, office gossips etc. I would like to know your opinion on the same.

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Loud background music.  I don't mind music but it needs to be a background sound.  It seems that in offices, stores etc. the music is played so loudly it is like attending a concert - and if you happen to dislike the music genre that is playing - it is really hard to concentrate.

ksknairposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very True.People just forget that there us something called earphone available in the market.

2. jpcmc profile image89
      jpcmcposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know how you feel.  There are some employees who think they're in their own homes and turn up the volume.

3. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

I had a co-worker who picked his nose and wiped it on the underside of his desk.

Yuk!!! I think our education system should be a part of it. And there should be at least a session on common office cultures and behaviors.

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lack of professional behavior is always difficult for me - in the situation below another thing I found highly offensive in that work setting was the constant swearing by all employees, including my office mate and boss - it was part of the culture.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

In recent years I had an office mate who talked incessantly while I was trying to work. She also assumed we were best pals and wanted to go to lunch with me AND our boss every day! She also felt the need to tell me where she was going when she left to go to the restroom! I felt really smothered, besides having a hard time getting my work done due to the constant chattering.

I hope she was your co-worker and not your subordinate. Here in India, most of the people think that it is necessary to inform their boss of all happenings. For Example, They always mark a copy of their emails to boss which may be most irrelevant.

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

She was an administrative assistant, but she didn't report to me. She was supposed to assist me on some things, but it was quicker for me to do them myself. My boss in that situation was not much better, though I did tell her about the situation.

working