jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

What specific habit of any person annoys you the most?

1. arksys profile image90
    arksysposted 6 years ago

What specific habit of any person annoys you the most?

For me its the noise when people eat with their mouth open. gets to me every time even though i've tried to get used to it... just cannot do it. I have to walk away.

2. cmlindblom profile image77
    cmlindblomposted 6 years ago

Chewing loud and terrible jokes (or laughing at terrible jokes)

3. ii3rittles profile image81
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

I really can't pick one that bothers me the most... But I can't stand when people make nasty chewing sounds while eating (heavy breathing, chomping sounds) and I can't stand when people indirectly attack me about something, like it's my fault they feel that way.

4. nabeelplus profile image59
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

talking while eating anthing....really annoys me

5. Extinct Soul profile image60
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

Aside from the chewing samples, I also hate people who ask simple questions that have obvious answers.

1. Laura Schneider profile image91
      Laura Schneiderposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A close cousin of this is people who ask questions that you KNOW they already know the answer to. What do they really accomplish in doing so?

6. The Optimizers profile image60
    The Optimizersposted 6 years ago

i cant stand people who lie... especially when its compulsive lying about little pointless things.

Also i cant stand it when people spit at you while they talk.

While were on the matter, i might aswell add people that wear their trousers half way down their arse to try and look "gangsta"

1. profile image53
      peace90posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Exactly you are absolutely right...the way people used to lie obout some common stuffs...it just annoys me alot...i just hate it...

7. Admiral_Joraxx profile image80
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

I despise people who deliberately degrade others with their words. They are like an elevator with only 1 button, which is "ground floor", they bring down whoever comes close to them.

8. rikabothra profile image60
    rikabothraposted 6 years ago

As you mentioned, people who make a noise while chewing can be really annoying. Also, another habit that annoys me a lot is when people keep shaking their legs. I have a friend who keeps shaking her legs unknowingly whenever she is sitting, and it is really annoying!
    People with fake accents are annoying as well!

9. R.S. Hutchinson profile image83
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago

Interesting.. I thought I might be the only one to mention this until I read the answers, but the first thing that popped in my mind was that I have a lady friend who "smacks" when she eats...

it's SOOOOOO annoying! I hate eating with her. She smacks gum, and at the table.

10. Erin Rooney profile image58
    Erin Rooneyposted 6 years ago

I cannot stand when people try to tell me what they are like.

"I'm a nice guy."

"I'm an intellectual."

"I'm a pretty calm, level-headed person."

"I'm not a competitive person."

"I'm a really passionate, loving person."

Oh really? Then why did you just punch that kitten in the face? Okay, that never happened. No one punches kittens in the face. That was over dramatic.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, it just drives me crazy when people think they can tell me who they are.

We don't get to decide what we are and then just tell other people. Our actions determine who and what we are. I cannot even count how many times people have contradicted what they described themselves as. My friends that are actors constantly tell me they aren't competitive people, that they are laid back and just love a good time. Then they go bat-shit crazy after cast-lists go up.

This is definitely not the worst thing a person can do, but it really annoys me.

11. Heather McMillan profile image59
    Heather McMillanposted 6 years ago

Someone who says they will call you back, but they know full well and so do you, they won't.  Why even say it then, it's like your essentialy lying. If you don't want to be bothered, then don't answer the phone in the first place. Or even worse you call an less than a minute later you say, I have got to go I will call you back. Again, just don't bother.

12. Laura Schneider profile image91
    Laura Schneiderposted 5 years ago

For me, it's someone speaking in a patronizing tone of voice, especially if their tone is more pronounced when talking with me than with other people and especially if they are physically looking down on me (I'm not a stupid worm!).

A very close second place is someone speaking in a fakey "educated" accent that was adopted over their adult years, rather than a natural accent developed as a child. Garrison Keiller is a good example of this--his voice drives me up a wall. (Sorry, Garrison and Garrison fans)

1. arksys profile image90
      arksysposted 5 years agoin reply to this

yep they're on my list too. Another one which annoys me is when you talk to someone in your native language and they only reply in broken english. he best part is when i start english and they cannot understand a word i say  then they shift to native

working