jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What would you do instead of going to work?

1. jpcmc profile image87
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

What would you do instead of going to work?

If you had the chance to skip for for the day, what will you do? How do you fight work stress?

2. MelChi profile image82
    MelChiposted 5 years ago

There are so many things I'd do instead of working! I'd be writing at home for sure, probably painting as well. Because I love animals, I'd also be able to spend time every day helping out at the shelters.  I'd have more time for yoga and meditation, more time to cook a delicious meal, and time during the day to catch some sun and exercise / explore nature.  That would be a dream come true! smile

1. jpcmc profile image87
      jpcmcposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A dream indeed.

2. ronaldoh profile image77
      ronaldohposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Perfect day, there are just not enough hours in the day!

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

I enjoy my work, but if I had a day off I would probably spend it resting, interacting with my dogs and reading.

1. jpcmc profile image87
      jpcmcposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I read a research saying that rest and sleep are the top desires that are hard to resist.

4. angied83 profile image79
    angied83posted 5 years ago

I will probably spend a quarter of the day sleeping. Another quarter watching tv. The third quarter surfing online and writing. And the last quarter going out to get some life.

5. Georgina_writes profile image83
    Georgina_writesposted 5 years ago

I'm currently in that situation.  I'm in the middle of 5 weeks off following knee surgery.  Now five weeks off sounds great when you're working two jobs, building up your writing/painting business, looking after the family/dogs/house etc - you know, the stuff we all have to do.  But when you can't actually DO anything physically it's a real pain.  On the plus side, I've spent a lot of time here on Hubpages writing, and I've been able to paint every single day, so I have loads of finished pieces to enter art exhibitions with.  In my fantasy time off, I'd also like to go for long walks every day too.

working