Are you your own boss? And what does that mean to you?

1. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Are you your own boss? And what does that mean to you?

Are you (literally) your own boss, as an independent consultant or running your own company? Whether you are or not, do you feel like your own boss? And is that a good thing? Is it healthy and freeing? Or is it about not having to work? Or something else?

2. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

I have been my own boss since the late 90s, ran a clinic and then when I was too sick ran a B&B and now have a dog training business.It is a great thing but it was nice to be an employee and have a guaranteed paycheck, I probably slept better at times but never slept with the same sense of contentment.

3. Lipnancy profile image92
    Lipnancyposted 5 years ago

Yes I have been my own boss for merely two years now. I have never regretted my decision not to work for someone else. Now  I can literally work whenever I want and if I want. I truly feel like my own boss.  I think that it is more healthy because you do not have the worry of being fired or being overwhelmed. Being a marketer, if one program starts to require to much work or causes to much stress, I just quit and move on to the next. I honestly could not and would not work for anyone ever again.

You know what we marketers feel a JOB is.... Just Over Broke. Honestly working full time, I was constantly living paycheck to paycheck and now I never worry about  money.

working