jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Have you ever lived in a foreign country? If yes, which one? How did you like it

1. Jennifer Madison profile image89
    Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years ago

Have you ever lived in a foreign country? If yes, which one? How did you like it?

2. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Yep, Japan. It was a lot of fun, and I learned a ton!

Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That must have been so interesting. How long did you stay? Did you learn to speak Japanese well?

2. internpete profile image90
      internpeteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I lived in Japan for 10 years and learned a lot of the language. It was a great experience!

3. Tricia1000 profile image70
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

Yes in Paris France. I enjoyed my stay very much and adapted quickly to the new customs and culture. It was an enriching experience which I still cherish today. I am still very fond of the French way of living, language and cooking.

Yes, we can definitely learn a lot from foreign cultures! I lived in France for a year (6 months in Paris and 6 months in Nice) and I also loved their food and I think their language is the most beautiful one in the world.

4. nextstopjupiter profile image80
    nextstopjupiterposted 5 years ago

I was born in Germany but I lived in Hungary, France, Lithuania for several years, and I spent more than three months in Denmark and Estonia, it was always a great experience to learn more about other cultures.

I would love to visit the Baltic states, I hope I get the opportunity to travel there soon.

5. Mr. Happy profile image81
    Mr. Happyposted 5 years ago

I lived in Salzburg, Austria for a short little while when I was a kid. Then, I ended-up in Toronto, Canada. Both places were foreign and both times I found myself in a country where I did not speak the language. It was fun!

I enjoy learning new things: customs, traditions, etc. I travel quite a bit too though. I guess the travel bug bit me pretty hard and there's no stop now. The world is a big place with many wonderful countries. This wolf will keep going!

By the way, Salzburg is gorgeous! I have a feeling You might have visited it (since You are from across the mountains there).

I haven't been to Salzburg yet, unfortunately. I come from Cologne, Germany and I have seen and lived in some places in Europe like France, but there are still many places I want to travel to.It's definitely fun learning a language with real natives!

6. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Foreign to where?

when I wrote foreign country I meant a country that is not your home country

working