jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How much does Google Page Rank matter?

1. ashish04joshi profile image74
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

How much does Google Page Rank matter?

I don't know if that's the way, but when I search for the title of my hubs, some of them are on the first page of search results, but when I checked the Google PR for my profile page, it say 'zero', yes, '0'...what does that mean? And how much does it matter?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Page rank can be an important factor overall for a website.  My websites I want to have higher PR rankings because that means Google favors it as a more reliable source of information.  Your personal hub may PR at 0, but HubPages PR is going to be much higher so that's why you're likely seeing hubs place on page 1 smile

I use my hubs and my websites to cross promote and the result is that both end up with higher page rank and it is definitely a major plus.

3. cheetah786 profile image63
    cheetah786posted 5 years ago

page rank is important aspect for webpage SERP in google.. PR depends on how much linking you have with other sites and it develop the authority of your site..

4. puspenduseo profile image60
    puspenduseoposted 5 years ago

PR is the authority of your site. Hubpage PR 4 so you get your site for a particular search term and I think your search terms have low priority so you get result on 1st page.

5. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 5 years ago

Page rank has very little if any importance.  It use to, but if you do competitive analysis on the pages that are ranking high, you'll see clearly pagerank is not a factor.

6. ashish04joshi profile image74
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

Ok...three out of four here say Google PR does matter...so how do I raise it? Or should I just leave it and it'll take care of itself?

There are varied views here so I'm not totally convinced about the issue too.

7. profile image50
    meetsavyposted 4 years ago

PageRank measure's a web page's importance.Search engines like Google fixes a rank for each website based on the keywords in domain name, content,design of website, TLD, Domain age, number of visitors,loading capacity etc.The Internet's users go to a search engine before reaching a web site.When someone types a product into a search engine, and if our web site is listed at the top of these results,they may visit our site and chances are there that they may become our customer.So to attain a good pagerank will be the aim for all websites/blogs.PageRank ranges from 0 to 10.The more you rank in search engines the more beneficial for you.
    Now,there are many techniques to improve the pagerank like good quality in the site/blog, regular updates,interlinking posts,Good website design & uptime,social media,affiliate marketing etc and SEO is one such technique.It uses various techniques like usage of suggested keywords,sitemap creation,submission to search engines etc.Through such legal process one can gain the desired web presence.
    The factors that Google considers are keywords in URL, Title, Text, Domain age,Number of visitors etc.It keeps updating the factors for page ranking. The companies that provide SEO also should update accordingly.If we get services from such a concerned company then we can definitely make SEO to be effective.I have used the SEV(Search Engine Visibility) from http://www.tucktail.com/search-engine/s … _id=447401 as they provide keyword and suggested topics,submit the site to over 100 search engines and also provide reports which eventually improved my website traffic.