jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Does it bother you when people use profanity in the workplace?

1. Ellana317 profile image77
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

Does it bother you when people use profanity in the workplace?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6885134_f260.jpg

2. chuckd7138 profile image79
    chuckd7138posted 5 years ago

Not really. I grew up around it, and my first job out of high school was the US Navy. From the first day of boot camp to my last day in the fleet (almost 9 years), I was called everything but "Chuck". Plus, there is that phase "cuss like a sailor". It only bothers me when people use profanity around children and elders.
    Then again, if the workplace is a retail business, then yeah. It would bother me because customers do not want or need to hear that. The employees should conduct themselves with more professionalism.
    So, I'm not offended by profanity. I tend to use it too, but I do know there is a time and place and proper audience for it.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

Yes...........I simply detest foul language..........anywhere and anytime.

For me, it is the 'dealbreaker'....................

While, I can not dictate to the public at large, I will fire you for it, in the workplace,  and dismiss you from my home over it.

If I meet you in a public setting while you are  using foul or cursive language.........you have sealed your own fate.............
    You will not be anyone that I will take seriously on any level.

1. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, not just the workplace but everyplace.  It has become so common to hear any gender use every foul word on the planet. I'm not shocked by it, but I choose not to use it (unless I slam some part of my body in a door or drawer-then all bets are off).

1. Ellana317 profile image77
      Ellana317posted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL... Hilarious!

working