jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What career field is hiring the most right now?

1. beana profile image61
    beanaposted 5 years ago

What career field is hiring the most right now?

I'm looking to change career fields but its becoming diffcult.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Without doing any research? I would have to say nursing. There always is and has been a need for RN'S around the Country. They are needed so badly, Alot of times they offer a bonus when hired.

3. cactusbythesea profile image86
    cactusbytheseaposted 5 years ago

I think JThomp42 is right.  The healthcare field in general has a lot of opportunities right now, including jobs from physical therapists to dental assistants.  I would also add that computer science is a solid field.

4. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Healthcare is hiring particularly nursing and home health care.  The service industries, restaurant and hotels also seem to be hiring but don't pay as well as industrial jobs.  There is some industrial hiring.  In our area the unemployment rate is well below the PA average.  We have had powdered metal companies (make small parts for cars and lawn mowers) and they are doing well.  We are also picking up some jobs in the gas industry (fracking is occurring not far from us).

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

Hi beana,

I've done the research and found the highest-demand jobs during Autumn 2012 at the Hub below and have found that the fields listed will be hiring the most workers for several years to come. Good luck!

http://pattyinglishms.hubpages.com/hub/ … -Recession

working