jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How many passwords do you have?

1. innerspin profile image91
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

How many passwords do you have?

Between home and work I have a shedload of passwords for various computer systems. How about you?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I used to have one password for everything, but my Yahoo e-mail was one of those recently hacked, so I had to change everything. Some accounts that I had signed up for with my Yahoo e-mail, like Twitter, made me change their passwords, too. They're all similar now, but not exactly alike and there are maybe 40 of them all together.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image95
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have a secret word pad file with cryptic messages to make me remember them! I can't even remember my own phone number! smile

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Four. I switch them around and keep them written down in a safe and memorable area.

1. innerspin profile image91
      innerspinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That sounds manageable. Thanks for answering.

4. Stormy1990 profile image74
    Stormy1990posted 4 years ago

I use a simple system for which to remember and create passwords for various websites. First, I thought up a word for each letter of the alphabet. For example, the letter "s" might be "spiritual" or "somewhat".

Then, I take last letter of each site (before the .com/.org/.gov etc) and remember the word i thought up. Hubpages.com would be "s". so i type perhaps spiritual for the first part of my password.

I then count the number of letters between the two dots. www.hubpages.com would have 8 letters, so at the end of the word i add the number 3 times. In this example, it would be spiritual888.

Not sure if it's applicable to computer systems, but it's helps me on various websites.

Don't try to guess my password,  because I didn't use this system for this site, nor on any other big sites like facebook or twitter... :-)

working