jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you purchased anything on Ebay from an international seller?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

Have you purchased anything on Ebay from an international seller?

I made a purchase and I didn't realize at first that it was being sent from China.  It was a positive experience, quick and easy transaction.  How was your experience if you had one?

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I have ordered fabric, and some kind of scrapbooking embellishments, and a couple of AC adapters.  All positive experiences but it does take a while for the stuff to come.  I had one item that never showed up. I dropped them an email and got a refund right away.  So no problems.

3. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

It is a constant with many purchases I make. How far or how deep do we dig to answer the question is the question. I collect NHRA Drag Racing 1/24 Scale Die cast Cars. I niche marketed them for years by gettnig the driver signatures on them. Any hoot. The cars were purchased from suppliers or vendors on Ebay here in States, usually. Yet, the cars are made in China. I know not what you asked?

I have two fountains in the back garden and the pumps / solar power cell kit is from a vendor in China I use annually on Ebay. I purchase three pump kits annually - I change them out annually. The pumps work fine and the workmanship and quality is there, I do it as maintenace because of the grime that occurs with birds bathing in the water and such.

I puchased collectibles from the UK and Austrailia too. Again, it is usually drag racing memorbillia. Drag racing is an international sport with fans world wide. I have purchased aqarium components from both Japan and New Zeland. One thing to remember is they offer different shipping alternatives just like US vendors. A common occurance is when a purchase price exceeds a set dollar amount they at times offer a quicker shipping experience at the original shipping cost. It varies.

Also, I would venture a guess that my international business ranged from 12 - 15% when I operated the store on Ebay. This question has prompted me to look into when time allows the amount spent overseas and the amount earned from overseas sales. I wonder.

Regarding Transactions with Ebay I have only had one negative experience since 2005 and it was with a US vendor. Long story.

4. hyunchang profile image73
    hyunchangposted 5 years ago

eBay has pretty good buyer protection policy, so I never had problem with international orders, mostly from China or Hong Kong. I either get the item I ordered or full refund.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I've bought a ton of beads and jewelry making items from China on eBay. Today was the first time I'd ever had a problem, the seller sent the wrong size. If I want to return them, then I have to pay for shipping which is, of course, more than the item is worth. I'll still buy from China, but never again from that seller.

working