jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What items sell best on eBay?

1. Swope profile image59
    Swopeposted 3 years ago

What items sell best on eBay?

2. Lowdown0 profile image81
    Lowdown0posted 3 years ago

It would seem to me items that are easier to ship and handle an inventory. Say, like books, sunglasses, hats, and watches. Items that are cheap enough for people to get without making a big decision and that you can get in bulk without paying a fortune for in shipping.

3. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Name brand jeans and shoes. I made a lot of money on old costume jewelry , post cards, really if you present it right you can sell about anything I have and I've done alright.

4. PDXBuys profile image75
    PDXBuysposted 3 years ago

Gold coins or jewelry, better brand-name consumer electronics (new Apple iphone), newer power tools... to mention a few items.  Selling by auction (instead of with a fixed price) will often generate more activity and drive the price up.  Collectibles are a good seller, but be sure to do some research since specifics are key.

5. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

I am currently a power seller on Ebay, and I agree that smaller items that are cheap to ship seem to be the better option.  Larger items are expensive to ship and sometimes harder to pack for shipping.  It is also important to keep in mind that Ebay charges outrageous fees to it's sellers.  They charge a fee on the total sale, which includes shipping costs.  So the lower the shipping, the lower the seller fee will be.  If you are new to Ebay, make sure that you calculate the seller fees correctly, as they can be a bit misleading.  When I was a new seller, I lost money on several sales because I didn't fully understand the fee structure.  Any new seller should add about 20% to cover the fees imposed by Ebay and Paypal.

6. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 3 years ago

Name brand clothing items will always sell well on eBay, providing they are authentic. Not just because it's a designer item at a discount price, but because the person buying usually knows what size will fit them in that particular brand.

working