jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think about limiting campaign spending? (especially for TV ads)

1. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

What do you think about limiting campaign spending?  (especially for TV ads)

Why not just use the Internet?  Most people fast forward through TV commercials anyway.  Debates are good, and so are personal appearances -- but the amount spent on TV ads... a waste.  Ideas?

2. Novel Treasure profile image90
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

I think its a good thought. When you hear how much money is wasted on campaigns it is sickening...but I don't see them ever limiting the number. Someone would cry a violation of their rights or financial discrimination.

So unfortunately I think we are stuck with it.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I think campaign spending has gotten way out of hand and allows those with the most money to gain an advantage over their opponents.  It doesn't always work, but it does force both sides to spend too much.

I also think we should have term limits.  If we could have that, the  campagin spending would become self limiting.

4. Crazy Motts profile image57
    Crazy Mottsposted 4 years ago

I would like to share with you my survey-based research on television advertisement and consumer behavior.

One of the facts (recognized market research data) that I came across while researching for it indicates that tv advertisements are effective and the tv-ad segment of advertising in expected to increase over the years to come with increasing consumer confidence. Look into my blog for more detailed information.

Here is the link to my blog post with the report (pdf version available for free download):

http://crazymotts.blogspot.in/2013/07/consumers-gu

This got featured in CNN iReport:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1005569

Feel free to visit my blog and see if my research helps you in any way. My objective of doing that work is to create public awareness against unethical advertising.

working