jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Did all of the blogging sites lose traffic in the last Google update?

1. michiganman567 profile image84
    michiganman567posted 5 years ago

Did all of the blogging sites lose traffic in the last Google update?

It looks like my Hubpages account took another hit after the last Google Panda update.  Did all of the blogging sites take a hit, or are some favored by Google?

2. Skarlet profile image85
    Skarletposted 5 years ago

My Hubpages are definitely down, but my blogs seem to be doing the same. I am really getting tired of how the updates are affecting Hubpages.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

From what I understand HubPages and sites like it took a beating the last week or so. Not all of them, but some of them. I only write here and on my blog, so I don't know that first hand. My blog is fine.

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

This is not an easy question to answer definitively but the general idea about the Google Panda is that all sites with low(er) quality content will be hit, so yes, all will take a hit but some will suffer more than others.

I'd like to think that Google has no favourites!! I'd love to know they were impartial!

This algorithm business is very complicated. If you go on any forum discussing Panda and other updates you'll quickly become lost in all sorts of arguments and counter arguments about content, duplicate content, bounce rate, low visit numbers, SEO, tags and so on and so on.

The bottom line seems to be : make your hub useful, write original content and give informative tips whenever possible. And even if you do this you may still be hit!!!
    Good luck in all your writing and beware innocent looking Pandas.

working