jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How would you stay positive if you getting a really bad feedback from your Boss

1. HappyMikeWritter profile image60
    HappyMikeWritterposted 4 years ago

How would you stay positive if you getting a really bad feedback from your Boss at work?

How do you deal with a negative attitude towards yourself? Does it upsets you when someone is trying to let you down?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I would ask the boss for a meeting and sit down and tell him how you feel and what you are perceiving from him/her.  Also ask him what he wants from you that you are not giving him ie. working faster, harder, better attendance etc. Also you can tell the boss that the way she or he is treating you is bothering you and you would like to fix the problem.

The only way to know what he or she wants from you that they are not getting is to ask.  This achieves a couple of things 1) it gives you information you may not have, and 2) it puts the boss on notice that his attitude towards you is being noticed and causing problems.

communicate communicate communicate - it can't hurt and might help.

HappyMikeWritterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You pointed out some great advice. Althought what if the Boss has no interest to hear or talk about it?

3. rondmrn profile image84
    rondmrnposted 4 years ago

I guess you can also offset the negativity by performing the best you can at your job and spreading positive influence. I know that a 40 hour job can be very difficult as if it is your whole life. Even in your days off, you are thinking about your job. It is also unfortunate when your superior gives you negative feedback even when you try your best at your tasks.

Ass duffsmom said, it is good to have a meeting with your boss to better assess all sides of the situation. Communication is key!

HappyMikeWritterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well you are right but I always thought I am doing enough for my job, like overtime, working from home. lols Sometimes when all is required are financial figures makes my Boss hear nothing else than that.

4. HappyMikeWritter profile image60
    HappyMikeWritterposted 3 years ago

It has been 12 months since I have posted this question. I am still working at the job with a delicious Boss. He had a rough go on me today and finally it made me quit.

So, sometimes you just cannot stay positive in a constant negative enviroment. You can either become negative and unhappy with your life or just change your life and enviroment. I have choosen to change the negative enviroment and that is why I have quit my job today.

I really love my job and people in it but the most important person my Boss not allow me to fully enjoy my already very stressfull job so there is no point to suffer.I am still young and full of life and able to follow my dreams.

working