Are all of the HubPages problems affecting your productivity? Are you still writ

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

Are all of the HubPages problems affecting your productivity? Are you still writing hubs?

I'm really trying to stay positive through all of the traffic issues, and now Pinterest considers our pins "spam." I haven't pulled anything off of HubPages, but when I have a little spare time, I can't seem to motivate myself to spend my energy here.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image91
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

I'm trying, hoping that traffic will come back. I would like to know if there's anything that HubPages is doing internally to help but, as it stands, I'm not real interested in publishing any more than the eight Hubs that the Apprenticeship Program requires me to post this month.

I didn't know about the Pinterest thing. That makes me sad as I usually pin my new Hubs to my board.

1. Ann810 profile image49
      Ann810posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pinterest is only deleting duplicate topics that's all. If you have something to Pin that is unique that they don't have in their topics they will pin it. Hope this helps.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Happy to say the Pinterest problem was cleared up quickly. Georgie, I have selected your answer as the best because it most closely matches my own feelings. Thanks to everyone else who answered.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Feat … -Idle-Hubs
    has really helped with my attitude.  Instead of writing new hubs I am giving old hubs a face lift and things seem to be improving.  When a company grows as fast as HP the last few years it takes a bit to catch-up.

4. WannaB Writer profile image88
    WannaB Writerposted 11 years ago

I hadn't heard this about Pinterest. How did you find that out? I often pin hubs.

I am really short of time lately, so I mostly just update and improve any hub that goes to sleep, answer questions, and comment on hubs of others. I had hoped to get to 100 hubs by the end of the year, but I'm not sure I'll make it. Maybe I'll concentrate on my main business which I've been neglecting in order to write more. All my own websites need updating.

I saw another question about pinterest. Since I used it yesterday successfully, I went to check it out. When I clicked on one of my pinned hubs, sure enough, it was blocked.

2. WannaB Writer profile image88
      WannaB Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sherry, I just went to try it, and one of my best was also blocked. Bummer. I"m beginning to hate most of what I have to do on a computer.

5. Tricia1000 profile image63
    Tricia1000posted 11 years ago

I am trying to stay positive but currently writing more elsewhere while I wait for traffic issues to be sorted out here. Revamping old hubs is also a good idea.  When a site is banned as spam that is not a good sign, but if you visit the forum you will see Hubpages' response to this.  Yes Pinterest did ban HubPages but HubPages is trying to rectify this.

HubPages is generally a good site to write for if you consider its  current Alexa  traffic rank of  368.  I think we should all stay positive and wait for the problems to be solved.

You can check your Hub stats  at the top of each hub, and you will see your Pinterest pin it views. I check my Hub stats every day, and some hubs still have Pinterest views.

2. Tricia1000 profile image63
      Tricia1000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was just announced in the forum that the Pinterest ban was lifted .  You can read all about it here:   http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/104620

6. christin53 profile image82
    christin53posted 11 years ago

I'm not writing any more hubs until Hubpages sorts out the issues it appears to be having. I have updated and changed my best hubs to try and get traffic back but as yet it's not working. I've also removed most of my poetry onto my own blog. If traffic doesn't show an improvement in the next few weeks I may look for another site to move my work to.

7. Escobana profile image75
    Escobanaposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6652388_f260.jpg

I still write Hubs, I still love Hubpages and I don't get really bothered by this traffic issue we all seem to have.

It's the only webpage I use for my creative outburst and I never cared much about the money making or traffic loss.

I get great comments, I feel blessed for knowing the community and most of all....I'm a writer and in need for a place like Hubpages, merely to express.

8. honeybee2u profile image59
    honeybee2uposted 11 years ago

I have stopped writing as I feel that there's no point writing more hubs if they will not get crawled by search engines.  During this time, I am polishing up my old hubs.  I am also trying to stay positive.

You have the right attitude, stay positive.  It's a good idea to submit your hub url's to the search engines one by one, if that's what it takes. That's one good of doing SEO search engine optimization. Hope this helps someone.

9. Ann810 profile image49
    Ann810posted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7252615_f260.jpg

I'm still writing new Hubs and updating the my older Hubs with the Zzzz. How can we measure anything without a stick? We just have to continue to write and "stick" with it; consistency is part of the formula. No writing, no revenue.
    We write for revenue, keep up the good work fellow Hubbers.

10. Goody5 profile image59
    Goody5posted 11 years ago

I'm still writing, and I just put a new hub out Sunday. However with just one little comment on it so far, I can tell that traffic issues are taking their toll everywhere on the hub pages now. I've been spending most of my time lately tweaking my older hubs, and battling those irritating sleeping Zzz's that have taken over the hub pages like those Gremlins did in the movie. Maybe we need to start throwing water on those sleeping Zzz's. If you need any help battling those sleeping Zzz's check out my helpful hub - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Quick-fi … led-status  Keep on hubbing  smile

11. ivanmarginal profile image60
    ivanmarginalposted 11 years ago

Yes, sometimes it is irritating, especially seeing my earning is not updating. I still write anyway, but not too intensive.

12. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 11 years ago

I really still try to stay positive despite all these negative things happening. I'm still writing because I believe this will soon improve, though I have no idea how soon (or long) it would be.

I see that Hubpages is really doing some improvements in this site, so I still have high hopes. Fingers crossed. smile

13. SidKemp profile image85
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

I'm staying positive and continuing to write and promote my hubs as usual. And, if you read through the forums, you will learn how to post your hubs to Google so they get crawled. (Look up DaveNMidtown on "new hubs not being crawled by Google" in the forums and you'll see instructions for seeing if your hub has been crawled and for telling Google to crawl it if it's delayed.)

This is the first downturn since I started writing on HubPages 6 months ago. But, according to the forums, HubPages has been through this before at other times when Google has changed its algorithm. We've learned, grown, adapted and stayed through to get better and succeed. And I'm glad to be part of that.

Through my contacts in the Apprenticeship Program, I can tell you that HubPages staff are working actively on both the Google crawling & search ranking issue and also the Pinterest issue.

14. eusaphzae profile image40
    eusaphzaeposted 11 years ago

I have published 7 hubs, three rejected, Google adsense request rejected, still, I want to write.

Good luck to you, that must be hard.

15. grinnin1 profile image68
    grinnin1posted 11 years ago

I've been kindof bummed and am not too excited to get on and check my stats like I usually am because everything has plummeted. However, I love this site, the people on it and the inspiration I get from reading others writing. So yes, it has affected my productivity a little, but I'll get going again!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)