jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What would you do if you get one billion dollars?

1. jabelufiroz profile image71
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

What would you do if you get one billion dollars?

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image35
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

I will donate a handsome amount for charity.  And with a relaxed mind I will go for a world wide tour with my family.

3. CroftRoan profile image81
    CroftRoanposted 4 years ago

I'd buy a nice little house, a Corgi and Italian Greyhound and a nice car. Donate a good portion to various libraries. And live in comfort while building my writing career.

4. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 4 years ago

Huh!  Just started writing an answer...and realized you'd given me the seed for tonight's Hub.

5. chenrong profile image68
    chenrongposted 4 years ago

There are people in real financial difficulty and they are in serious need for help. I will give some of my money away to people in dire financial straits – the deserving ones. But I will not channel my money through to charities as I think their top-down administration will benefit more from my donations than those in actual need. I know of people running these institutions with fat-cat pay cheques. I will make financial contributions by putting money direct in the hands of the needy without them knowing who pulled them out of their difficulty. They do not have to know. I will be happy to know that monies I gave them have been put to good uses.

6. My Esoteric profile image90
    My Esotericposted 4 years ago

Since my wife and I love the last house we bought, we don't really need a new one; I might get a Tesla electric car instead.  As a couple of others have suggested so far, long trips would be in the picture, but for the most part, some form of continuous charity work; not through the normal, wasteful channels however.

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Pay off all students loans, have three homes across the country, another boat, trade out cars, take a nice one year vacation. I'd still work full-time and wouldn't spend too much money. Most would remain in savings.

8. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

This is easy for me as I have a dream...

(1) I would start private group homes nationwide for the homeless and mentally ill who have been ignored and neglected by our government. The homes would be small set, very structured, and have rehabilitation services. For those who are rehabilitated, they would go back to the real world to fulfill their own dreams and callings. However, my hope would be that they would continue to stay on board with my organization to help others who are struggling as they would be the best in encouraging and motivating.

(2) I would start similar private group homes nationwide for foster children. Right now, my county is in desperate need of foster parents and homes.

(3) I would allow my children to go to any university of their dreams so that they can fulfill their own dreams.

(4) Selfishly, I would open a Five Guys restaurant because they serve my favorite burgers LOL.

Those are just a few of my dreams for the $1 billion. I'm sure it would go quickly with the first two. If there are any philanthropists that are willing to give to my cause, I'll be happy to getting started on these tasks. :-)

9. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 4 years ago

Buy a house in the country with lots of land, live off the interest, donate money to charities, and volunteer my time to various organizations.