jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What is one absurd thing you would write in a job application to have fun with w

1. EJ Lambert profile image73
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

What is one absurd thing you would write in a job application to have fun with whoever reads it?

What is the point of life if you don't have a little fun, even in serious circumstances like job applications?  If you had the idea if your head, what is one absurd little piece of information you would write about yourself to see if the hiring party catches it?

2. sparkleyfinger profile image92
    sparkleyfingerposted 4 years ago

I once filled in a Mcdonalds application, purely as a joke (already had a job) and on it, i left out all qualifications, but merely wrote: I can make a damn tasty burger. I thought it was rather witty tongue

EJ Lambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Next time get crazy with it.  Describe what kinds of burgers you make and just add ridiculous ingredients.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Job apps used to ask your sex, assuming you would fill in male or female. I have always wanted to fill in, "Yes, absolutely!"

Then allow me to issue the statement, "I dare you!"

4. RichmondSolutions profile image68
    RichmondSolutionsposted 4 years ago

I can't think of anything absurd I've put in a job application but I once had an interviewer who was evidently very precious about the jargon of her trade and thought it might be a very difficult thing for anyone to learn. I managed to resist the temptation to point out that I have a good degree in languages and if I could pick up two foreign languages, then perhaps a bit of jargon (in a profession not entirely unknown to me) would not be a problem.

Nobody ever said it had to be over the top.

5. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 4 years ago

I simply cannot imagine doing that.  Every job app I ever filled out (which would add up to hundreds if all strung together) was for a job I felt I desperately needed at the time...or I wouldn't have WASTED my time filling it out in the first place.  The idea of trying to joke around with it would have felt about as rational as blowing my own head off.

No need to get defensive, Ghost.  I merely put forward the idea of having a little fun with some of the serious things in life.

working