jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have a full time job?

1. smw1962 profile image82
    smw1962posted 4 years ago

Do you have a full time job?

I keep hearing how full time (40 hours a week) jobs are disappearing, being replaced by part time jobs.  What is your experience?  Do you have a job and if so, is it full time?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 4 years ago

Yes, I do have a full-time job.  I am currently looking for a different job though since I have been in the same position for 5 years and it doesn't look like I am getting anywhere in this company.  That is another thing about the "new normal"... there are way more dead end jobs, even if they are full-time.  No one leaves jobs anymore and, if they do, they are not replaced so there is no where to go in companies.

You are right about the part-time job thing.  I keep seeing plenty of part-time jobs, but very few full-time jobs.  I would actually be OK with having 2 or 3 part-time jobs instead of one full-time, but it is hard to make the leap since most companies do not offer health insurance to part-time employees.

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I'm self-employed.  My job is round the clock. 

My step-son on the other hand was looking forward to working full-time and the company he works for only hires for 30 hours a week.  They are constantly advertising they need workers, but only part-time.

4. Wakerra profile image79
    Wakerraposted 4 years ago

I just got a second interview with a job offering full-time, so I'm hoping I'll have a full time job soon!

5. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 4 years ago

I work full time with no benefits.

I work part-time for 12 companies, have two online craft store and write on hubpages but still don't make enough money to live.

Looking for something that I can make money at and I find rewarding.

working