jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would you do do if you win a lottery prize of $1 million?

1. noelm profile image81
    noelmposted 4 years ago

What would you do do if you win a lottery prize of $1 million?

2. brianc2k profile image60
    brianc2kposted 4 years ago

Pay off my debts.  Invest so I had a monthly income for life (reasonable amount).  Pay off children's student loans.  Then, once I knew I was fine as far as taxes went I would donate.  I need to get caught up on my donations to church, there is a battered women's shelter here I would like to donate to, and I would donate to the American Cancer Society as I have lost some cherished friends. 

I would donate to a couple friends student loans as they have been strong supporters of me and all my efforts over the past 10 years.  Next, I would consider setting a school with employment assistance for all middle aged adults who are out of work.  I know all the problems associated with being middle aged trying to get jobs when most employers overlook you for younger people. 

Anything left I would then donate to other charities working with homeless, underprivileged, seniors, and then the school systems.  In short I would take care of myself without going overboard and then use the balance to try to make a difference in my children's, a few friends and the rest of the world.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Save most of it. Pay off student loans, newer vehicles, small home purchase. But that is only if it is $1 million after taxes. Before taxes, I might forget the house.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Pay off everybody I owe money to, get new and dependable vehicles for myself and my wife, and sock the rest away in the bank.

working