If someone give you 10 million dollar, what will be your spending plan?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (21 posts)
  1. vertualit profile image62
    vertualitposted 12 years ago

If someone give you 10 million dollar, what will be your spending plan?

Someone ask me the question. Please Answer this question. thanks

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5154130_f260.jpg

2. CarltheCritic1291 profile image69
    CarltheCritic1291posted 12 years ago

Hmm... Good question. I guess some of the money would go to my family (particularly my Aunt with cancer), some to charity, and the rest I'll spend on a low budget film smile Great question, thanks for asking.

3. sir_tallest profile image58
    sir_tallestposted 12 years ago

I really don't think anyone can just hand me 1 million dollars but if unbelievable i do get that kind of money....i may spend some of it to make sure my family and I are living the good life...but most of it will go into making much more millions so i never wish for somwthing that i can't have or believe may never happen

4. Mandrake_1975 profile image85
    Mandrake_1975posted 12 years ago

Assuming all taxes are paid for...  I'd take 1 million to buy a house, car, furniture, and all the necessities of life (I wouldn't spend more than $250,000 on a home and land).  I'd take another million and split it up among all those close relatives who have helped me throughout the years.  Another 2 million would go towards investments (mostly moderate and conservative investments and a small portion to high risks).  Then I'd take yet another 2 million and stick it in the bank (several different and secure accounts) or some other form of very conservative manner of bearing interest, and I would live off of approximately $50,000 a year for the rest of my life (40 years).

With a house which is fully owned, etc. living on $50,000 would be quite easy and rather comfortable for me, especially since I'd have the equipment installed to produce my own electricity so I could sell the surplus back to the power company rather than paying them for my power.

I'd split up 1 million across the board to worth while charities who held similar positions for their cause as myself.  Then I would, of course, sock away 2 million for my kid.  Finally, I would take the remaining 1 million and determine how best to store it away to keep bearing interest, yet allow me to pay my taxes each year.

Or something along those lines...

5. edhan profile image36
    edhanposted 12 years ago

If and only if I am given 10 million dollars, here is what I will do.

I am always thinking of how I can contribute back to the society to help those unfortunate people who are struggling to survive.

So, I will make use of this amount of money to build a factory plus some shelters who I can hire these unfortunate people to work and have a place to stay.

This factory will be a place where they will be trained with a skill so to enable them to be able to support themselves and build their own families. They will in turn teach others the same skill so that others too can benefit to survive in the society.

It has been my dream to help as many people as I can before I leave this world.

Anyway, without this money, I will only can do with limited resources and hope that some day everyone will be independent to survive with their own skill.

6. profile image0
    reena_yadavposted 12 years ago

If someone gave me 10 million dollars, i would firstly thank that person. I mean it is not everyday that somebody gives you 10 million dollars.

As to what i would do with the 10 million. Firstly, i would donate 5 million to various charity bodies. Secondly, i would buy a house and ensure all payments have been settled. I would also use the money to settle any oustanding loans and debt. I would also keep aside some money for my chidren's education fund as well as some money for their marriage. I would also keep aside some savings and maybe invest into less risky funds.

I would also ensure i have given a good life for my family and my children and would definitely leave them with some assets, such as houses or land.

7. Zubair Ahmed profile image75
    Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years ago

If I was really getting this 10m dollars my spending plan would be:

(a) Secure a financial future for me and my family - through investments. (that's approx 2m)
    (b) Setup a separate investment plan that would provide a boost income for all my family and friends (I don't expect them to retire on it but enough income on a monthly basis that they can enjoy life without financial stress) That I'd say would be approx 4m
    (c) I'd invest 3m for a regular income for the charities that I'd like to support.
    (d) I'd put the last 1m in a savings account for a rainy day.

That's my 10m.

8. PAPA-BEAR profile image61
    PAPA-BEARposted 12 years ago

I would love to make my families life more secure, then I would like to establish a center for creative young people who have not access to an opportunity to see it bloom, it would be to do with the arts and design. Not to make hero's but to make dreams grow.

9. Freya Cesare profile image77
    Freya Cesareposted 12 years ago

After being cut by tax and charity, and share it with my parents, I think I will save it to secure my future, So I can retired from my job and focusing my goal to starting non-profit organization for helping orphan children since that time.

Aaaah... that is beautiful dream to have. ^^

10. mkrandhawa profile image61
    mkrandhawaposted 12 years ago

thanks for asking  question that if someone give me 10 million dollar firstly i thanks God and him who gave me.i may spend some of money for the charity like giving to the orphans and poor people  and open a charity hospital,schools.then think about my family.

11. KK Trainor profile image61
    KK Trainorposted 12 years ago

I would take 1 million and put it in an annuity to supplement our retirement.

The rest I would use to set up a charitable foundation to help wounded veterans receive the medical care that they need.

12. ii3rittles profile image77
    ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

I would put a million in the bank. (to accumulate interest)
    I would give my mom & dad a million.
    I would give my fiance's mom a million.
    I would put 2 million away for my kids. (When I have um)
    I would donate 2 million to people & animals in need.

Then I would use the last 3 million to live on. I would buy a nice house, some stuff for the house and 2 new cars then I would only allow myself to use $100,000 a year max.

13. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 12 years ago

Buy a load of stuff: such as gold, silver, land etc, that is not going to depreciate catastrophically sometime during the next 6 months. 10,000,000 ain't so much when a cup of coffee costs 45,000 dollars (I'm thinking hyper-inflation here: like Germany in the 1930's).

14. profile image0
    Infinite712posted 12 years ago

I wouldn't spend it on much. I would just relax and do whatever I want to do, without worrying about making money anymore.

15. munirahmadmughal profile image48
    munirahmadmughalposted 12 years ago

I will spend it on the following items:
    1. Education
    2. Health
    3. Rehabilitating the poor to make them stand for honourable earning.
    4. Making a trust of the kind of some industry where the poor are employed and its income is further spent on the deprived humanity.

16. Karl  VanGuilder profile image60
    Karl VanGuilderposted 12 years ago

i would invest it in a wide range of things . saveing enough out to make a down payment on a place , and pay off bills .
    then i would live off the interest on the investments

17. C-Bless profile image61
    C-Blessposted 12 years ago

1.  Create a budget
    2.  Tithe 10% along with an offering.
    3.  Contribute more to children's/relatives education funds
    4.  Build a vacation home
    5.  Buy homes/investment properties for children
    6.  Take a family a cruise/vacation - extended family invited
    7.  Set up a foundation/bursury in the name(s) of loved one(s)
    8.  Donate to my favourite charities
    9.  Go to Disney
    10. Bank the balance and live carefully on the interest

18. Daniel Hatcher profile image54
    Daniel Hatcherposted 12 years ago

well to say the least my family has never had much luck or money weve run into many bad times. when i say family i mean all familey mom dad gma gpa ect. weve all struggled to get along so i would first pay all our combined debts, make sure each of us has money enough to get bye on, then i would set up at least 4 differnt savings bonds for my 4 children to help them progress through out there lives at different points, id also do the same for my sisters kids, id then help my parents who have helped me much in the years past bye building them a nice home were they could retire with there horses, id putt at least half in a high intrest savings acount and live off the intrest for myself i dont need much a little land a smll cabin a good truck and perhaps a old hound dog to sit on the poarch with, i work at a shelter so i would go through and renovate the property by modernizing and making it more functional and green, then id help a few freinds that have always been there for me, iv often thaught it would be nice to go through the stores handing out money to those that could use it, and our food bank would get a nice donation along with the aspca and the amarican human society,i would also countinue to work in my shelter and go back to school for many differnt things that i never had the oppertunity to achive. these are just a small amount of things i would do but thers so many more and so many more people id come across in years to come that would be wounderfull to be able to help.

19. petealex profile image60
    petealexposted 12 years ago

Oh, my God. First I would thank God and pay tithes. Next I would find a Robert Kiosiki? investment class because if you don't know how to manage money, then you will lose it quickly. I would buy a car and house. I would go on vacation. I would also give some to my family but they cant go on vacation with me. LOL

20. profile image52
    sspptblvposted 9 years ago

i will give my life to she or he,,and do everything for her or him, give some money to familly and people need help smile

21. SilentMagenta profile image75
    SilentMagentaposted 9 years ago

College loans, go to what ever college I wanted fully paid for, get my mom a house, myself a apartment and save it

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)