Etsy Sellers: Are buying Etsy ads worth it?

1. krissalus profile image81
    krissalusposted 4 years ago

Etsy Sellers: Are buying Etsy ads worth it?

I recently opened an Etsy shop where I sell fleece dragon plush toys. Etsy suggests that shops with a broader inventory have a better chance at exposure, and I do plan on building up my inventory, but I was wondering about their on-site advertisements. Has anyone used them? If so, what was your experience? Did it pay off?

2. Wakerra profile image79
    Wakerraposted 4 years ago

I've not used Etsy, but I did purchase so many clicks worth of an ad on Deviantart once.  It got used up in 2 days, with little to no results.  People will click the ad, no doubt about that, though what will make people stay/interested is what you have to offer.  My gallery at that time wasn't anything spectacular, and people just weren't interested.  I'd certainly advise building up your inventory, and making things that'll sell.  Dragons are popular enough, and if they're cute/well done, you should have no problem selling

1. krissalus profile image81
      krissalusposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's an interesting point about ads that count clicks. I'll have to look into that and see what Etsy ads are based on, but it sounded more like time than clicks. Thanks for your answer, though, that's an important element!

working