How hard is it to get an EMT job?

1. MountainManJake profile image88
    MountainManJakeposted 4 years ago

How hard is it to get an EMT job?

I am going to school to be an EMT-B, how hard is it to get a job.  I live in Seattle if that makes a difference.

2. kristyleann profile image60
    kristyleannposted 4 years ago

I used to be an EMT (in WV) but I know that EMTs are needed pretty much everywhere. I've never heard of a company that wasn't desperate for them. It's a rough job and it isn't for everyone so there is a lot of employee turnover which means getting a job is generally pretty easy.

After you get your certification just go to all the ambulance companies in your area and apply. I have gone to apply to ambulance companies before and ended up getting hired right on the spot...without doing an interview or anything. I just went in to apply and they're like "hey you're hired!" lol.

I wouldn't bother applying to companies online though. I don't know how it is where you live but around here a lot of the supervisors that hire people are kind of "old school" and don't like to deal with computers much so they hardly ever check for new applications. You're much better off to apply in person.

Good luck. smile

working