jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How is the US Govt shutdown affecting you?

1. ClarkSteveB profile image79
    ClarkSteveBposted 4 years ago

How is the US Govt shutdown affecting you?

What have you actively experienced today,  or in a previous shutdown?  (Does the News tell the real story? )

2. brblog profile image85
    brblogposted 4 years ago

Not much of an effect on me, at least in the short term. I would be upset, however, if I was planning a visit to a National Park today. Most of the things the Federal Government does, affect the average American in a very roundabout way. For example, I like to look at the National Weather Service radar when storms are approaching, get valuable information (in my profession) from agencies like NIST and like to get my tax refund in a timely manner (around tax time) but if these agencies are not funded for a short period of time, it really does on affect me. Since most "critical" functions are still operating, that lessens the impact even more.

3. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 4 years ago

It really isn't affecting me. I am a veteran, but I don't rely on the US government for any benefits other than the GI bill, so I am lucky in that sense.

4. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Most of my clients are federal workers. One cancelled yesterday and another did not make a return appointment. Federal workers who live in the suburbs are not coming in the city if they are not at work. So yes, my private practice will lose money.