Can people really make money selling avon?

1. rdown profile image74
    rdownposted 4 years ago

Can people really make money selling avon?

I just signed up to sell avon but am not really getting anywhere.  Can people really make money from such things... and how besides annoyingly asking your family, friends and neighbors to buy.

2. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I tried to sell it for about a year and can honestly say I purchased more of it than I ever sold.  When I first had my children, a relative convinced me to start selling it saying she buys hundreds worth every month and would only buy from me.  Well, that wasn't true.  She rarely bought from me and to maintain my account (back then), I had to buy a minimum amount to keep the account active.  What I didn't know was there was a lady in the neighborhood that had sold it for years who had the biggest customer list in the area.  She had agreements with local restaurants and stores to leave her booklets on counters.  She got a ton of business and did quite well.    I never went anywhere with it and ended up closing out my account.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

My wife gave Avon a try prior to the birth of our second child, and after about a year she wasn't really getting anywhere with it so she let it go.

I would imagine if you're lucky enough to live in an area where there aren't any other Avon reps you can probably do quite well with it. Unfortunately that wasn't the case with my wife, she later learned that there were already quite a few other ladies selling Avon in our town so the market was pretty well locked up before my wife even got started.

working