jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I sell Avon, should I write about it/promote my business on HubPages?

1. katleigh profile image86
    katleighposted 5 months ago

There a lot of different aspects to selling Avon, and our products provide nearly limitless material. I just want to avoid looking spammy and I do want to continue to provide good quality content. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 months ago

Writing Hubs for the sole purpose of promoting your biz would be against Da Rules.

3. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 5 months ago

Your articles would probably get published if they covered things like how to get started selling Avon, the pros and cons of selling Avon, secrets to becoming a big-time seller, etc. You could do a whole series of how-to articles or inside secrets regarding Avon. I think you could even do product reviews as long as they were objective (covered both good and bad aspects of the product) and did not plug your business selling Avon.

I say "probably" because honestly I don't know exactly what would get turned away or why. But I think an "insider" type series of articles would get published. Product reviews probably would, too, as long as you weren't promoting your business. Customers or possible sales recruits might take it upon themselves to contact you through the comments section or the "contact this hubber" link, so you might pick up a little business that way, despite not plugging yourself directly.

katleighposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your input. I think I'll just make a side blog to ensure I don't violate rules - I want to promote my business pretty directly.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago

HubPages rules says that self-promotion is not allowed.

In practice, you can promote your business if you approach it sensibly.   

As SmartAndFun says, you can offer helpful advice about how to become an Avon seller,  how to be successful, etc etc.   If you have a blog about Avon, you could include a link to that blog on Hubs like that. 

You could also do product reviews for Avon products and include a link to the product on a website.

katleighposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I think I might just make a side blog, then. I don't want to toe the line with the rules on HubPages. It might be better for my business to keep it separated, anyways!

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image79
        Ashish Dadgaaposted 5 months ago in reply to this

@katleigh,

Yes, that would be better or else as SmartAndFun said you can do product review which can help people or our community.

working