jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would be a good profession for someone who enjoys being social?

1. mcbel profile image73
    mcbelposted 4 years ago

What would be a good profession for someone who enjoys being social?

I know there are many people who would prefer to make a living in a social manner over sitting at the same computer screen for hours on end. What would allow a person to do this? I'm looking for job titles and brief descriptions of their responsibilities. Also, I'm not looking to become a translator, more towards the area of sales and marketing for corporations, yada-yada-yada...

2. David R Bradley profile image82
    David R Bradleyposted 4 years ago

You're on the right track - if you enjoy being in social settings, meeting new and unique people and being of service, then sales will be perfect for you.  I've written a few Hubs on sales and selling, feel free to look them over and see if it resonates with you.

3. prektjr.dc profile image87
    prektjr.dcposted 4 years ago

I love being with people.  I am a teacher.  Teaching gives me interaction with people of all ages while making a difference!  I also have become an independent consultant/distributor for several direct sales products which allows me the opportunity to spend time with many new people while choosing and setting my own schedule.  It is important to me to be able to maintain my own choices in scheduling, so this works very well for me.  I set up at craft shows, trade shows and networking events.  It gives me the opportunity to travel too!  It has been a very positive experience AND I have made some serious money!

4. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

If you want to be sociable and be in the area of sales, then selling something would be great for you.  Why not sell product, where you can talk and blab a lot, and make some commission.